- Vibrant, high-visibility Carbon Cub SS Signature trim and colour scheme in orange and white
- The articulated shock-absorbing landing gear has improved and strengthened mounts
- Giant-scale 2100mm wingspan with lightweight and incredibly strong carbon reinforced, hollow-core Carbon-Z construction
- Even larger oversized, tundra-style wheels with softer tyres for better ground handling
- Thumbscrews with decorative fuel caps and click on antennas allow you to easily install and remove the two-piece wing without the need for screwdrivers or a balldriver
- Drooped Hoerner wing tip design effectively increases the wing and aileron area for greatly improved slow speed performance and roll response
- Easy to use push-button released, top mount hatch for easy battery access
- Very easy to fly with innovative, optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- An improved design motor with an extra bearing for smoother, more reliable performance
- The new modified flap design allows the flaps to travel both up and down for full-span aileron control and other various mixing options
- A new quick-release, multi-position battery mounting tray fits 4–6S 3200–7000mAh batteries for quick easy fitment and CG adjustment
- Included Spektrum™ AR637TA 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel courtesy of the exclusive AS3X® technology
- IC5 connector (compatible with EC5 connectors) on the 60-amp ESC for better and more reliable power delivery
- 6 factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- New fully-moulded top and bottom landing gear covers for a more scale-like appearance
- More secure rear mount and cross braces for the optional floats (sold separately)
- 15x7 propeller moulded from a more rigid material that better maintains balance and stiffness
- Extremely wide speed range allows scale and mild flying to beyond-scale aerobatic and wild flight envelope. Snaps, hovering, torque rolls and more
- Tow up to 3-metre span gliders with the included aerotow release mechanism (servo sold separately)
New and improved Carbon-Z Cub RC Plane
The original E-flite Carbon-Z Cub was ground-breaking and created a new category for large-scale, 6S electric-powered models. Based on a platform that was well known for legendary versatility, it's lightweight and exceptionally strong, composite-reinforced and hollow-core design was mostly factory-finished and assembled so it was easier for more pilots to go "BIG" than ever before. The E-flite Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m is an updated and greatly refined version of that original model, equipped with a host of new features for even better flight performance, and greater operational convenience so you can enjoy a giant-scale flying experience unlike any other.
An updated wing design with drooped tips adds wing and aileron area for significantly improved slow speed handling, performance and control. The modified flap design allows them to travel both ways for full-span aileron and other mixing options, and thumbscrews make it easier to install and remove the two-piece wing without tools.
The updated power system features a motor with an improved design that includes an additional bearing, along with a propeller that's moulded from material that better maintains balance and stiffness, to deliver smoother and more reliable performance. Plus the ESC is now equipped with an IC5 connector, which is also compatible with EC5 connectors, for better and more reliable power delivery.
The articulated and shock-absorbing landing gear is now equipped with even larger oversized tundra-style wheels with softer tyres which offer better ground handling that better soaks up the bumps of rough surfaces. The push-button release, top mount hatch offers convenient access to the battery compartment – which now holds a quick-release, multi-position battery mounting tray that fits 4S to 6S 3200–7000mAh batteries. This makes for easy CG adjustment with different batteries. The composite-reinforced, hollow-core airframe arrives mostly factory-finished and assembled, and the installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver fast and accurate control.
Add a float set
An optional float set (EFLA5600) that includes a servo and functional water rudder, plus a new mounting/strut set (EFL12419) that attaches with a more secure rear mount and cross braces, is available separately. Installation is really simple, and you have the option to switch between floats and wheels in minutes.
Fly SAFE with AS3X Technology
Do you already own a Spektrum transmitter? E-flite Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly. You will have the model ready to fly before the battery is fully charged.
This E-flite Carbon-Z Cub SS Bind-N-Fly Basic model comes equipped with a Spektrum AR637TA 2.4GHz DSMX receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3–aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you can enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes it feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the RC plane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the centre position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment- No Programming Required
The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
So whether you fly it slow and scale, or perform beyond-scale vertical takeoffs and aerobatics, the E-flite Carbon-Z Cub SS will offer you surprising levels of versatility, capability and performance you'll enjoy flight after flight!
- Full-Range 2.4GHz transmitter with Spektrum™ DSM2®/DSMX® technology with programmable mixing and adjustable dual rates
- LiPo Battery
- 84.6 in (2150 mm)
- Overall Length
- 56.3 in (1430 mm)
- Wing Area
- 1130 sq in (72.9 sq dm)
- Flying Weight
- 8.15 - 9.48lb (3.69 - 4.30kg)
- Motor Size
- Brushless Outrunner
- Full-Range 6+ Channel (sold separately)
- (6) Digital, Metal-Geared (installed)
- CG (center of gravity)
- 4.1 - 4.7" (105 - 120mm) from leading edge of wing measured at fuselage sides
- Wing Loading
- 16.6 - 19.3 oz/sq ft (50.7 - 59.0 g/sq dm)
- Prop Size
- Spinner Size
- 2.4" (62mm)
- Speed Control
- 60A Brushless ESC (installed)
- Recommended Battery
- 4-6S 4000 - 7000mAh LiPo (sold separately)
- Controlled by two 26g digital metal gear servos
- 26g digital metal gear servo
- 26g digital metal gear servo
- Approx. Flying Duration
- 4-10 minutes
- Compatible with selected battery (sold separately)
- Approx. Flying Speed
- 50mph (80kph)
- Landing Gear
- Fixed main with steerable tail wheel
- Recommended Environment
- Assembly Time
- Less than 1 Hour
- Is Assembly Required
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.