Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Modelflight aims for 100% customer satisfaction with all of our products or services. This warranty is provided by Modelflight and is in addition to your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Modelflight products come with a warranty against any manufacturing faults and defects for the stated period of years from the date of proof of purchase
- Any product damaged in transit or not working on arrival must be reported to us within 10 days of you taking delivery of or purchasing the product (whichever occurs first). A replacement product will be shipped to you promptly after Modelflight receive from you the faulty product together with your proof of purchase of the product.
This warranty does not cover
- Misuse or use for wrongful purpose for example to pick up liquids, plaster dust, powder or sand
- Commercial or industrial use when the product is not designed for commercial or industrial use
- Consumables, such as bags, belts and filters.
- Blockages of hose, filters, rods, and heads
- Damage to the product as a result of the blockages of hoses, filters, rods and heads
- Misuse of the product, floor tools, hoses, rods or the body of the product
- Any damage to the product caused by person(s) is not covered by the warranty
How To Make A Claim
A warranty claim can be made through the website via the Contact Us form, by post (Modelflight Customer Service, 53 Ellemsea Circuit, Lonsdale, SA, 5160, or, by telephone (08) 8186 0899 (return to base freight is payable by the customer) or through any Modelflight retail outlet.
- You must provide to Modelflight proof of purchase by you of the product to make a warranty claim.
- Where appropriate, Modelflight will organise the repair of the product on your behalf by the relevant manufacturer.
- Modelflight will repair or replace (at its option) products covered by the warranty free of charge (aside from shipping charges which are referred to above).
- Modelflight will process your warranty claim as quickly as possible. Modelflight will attempt to dispatch the repaired or replacement product to you within 7 days of receipt, provided that you have given Modelflight proof of purchase, the parts required for repair are available or a replacement product is available (as the case may be) and you have paid any shipping costs.
- Warranty repairs or exchange of products will only occur by evaluation of a qualified Modelflight technician or an authorised technician from a manufacturer or associated company.
- Modelflight reserves the right to charge you for any repairs, service, and blockages in respect of a product that you have provided to Modelflight under this warranty if it is found that the repair of that product is not covered under this warranty.
- Except where Modelflight fails to meet a consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law, Modelflight is not liable for any loss or damage however arising as a result of a fault or defect in the product.
- Nothing in this warranty excludes, restricts or modifies any consumer guarantee, right or remedy conferred on you by the Australian Consumer Law, Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other applicable law that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the liability of Modelflight for a breach of a nonexcludable consumer guarantee is limited, at Modelflight option, to: the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
Making a Return
All purchases from Modelflight are covered by our Returns and Refund Policy
(1) If any product ordered by you arrives damaged or is not of acceptable quality you may have:
- rights under the Refund Policy;
- legal rights and remedies in Australia under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and other rights under other consumer laws applying in each Australian State and Territory; and/or
- to have the product repaired or replaced or to receive a refund of the price paid by you for the product.
(2) Please choose carefully as Modelflight will generally not provide you with a refund or exchange simply because you changed your mind or the product was not what you expected. Unless the product is in saleable condition and complies with the conditions of our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
(3) If your Order arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team on (08) 8186 4250.