The Phoenix Flight Simulator is compatible with an Intel-based Apple Macintosh computer running Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7 under one of the following systems:
- Bootcamp (recommended)
- VMWare Fusion (latest version)
- Parallels (latest version)
More information on using Bootcamp can be found here on the Apple website.
Phoenix does not run on older non-Intel Macintosh computers, or the Apple OSX operating system.
If you are using Phoenix on your Intel-based Macintosh computer, and encounter any graphical issues or errors on start-up, then please follow the tips below:
- If you are using Bootcamp, please follow the steps in this article to make sure that you have the latest drivers and DirectX version installed.
- If you are using either VMWare Fusion or Parallels to run Phoenix, make sure that you have the latest version of whichever system you are using, as DirectX 9 applications are only supported under VMWare Fusion version 3.0, or Parallels version 5.0 or above.
- If you are using VMWare Fusion 3.0 and still encounter an issue, please make sure that you update to version 3.1 from the VMWare website now, as this resolves most graphics-related issues.