A bold adventurer, the 1986 Chevrolet K-5 Blazer RC rock crawler kit from Vaterra is inspired by one of the most popular 4WD trucks of all time.
- Utilises the new Ascender stamped-steel ladder-frame chassis
- Equipped with 4-Length adjustable wheelbase
- Officially licensed 1986 Chevrolet K-5 Blazer body included
- Comes with crawler style bumpers
- Rock Slider side bars are adjustable
- Equipped with 3-link panhard bar front suspension
- 4-link rear suspension included
- Strong aluminum suspension links
- Battery tray has floating design
- Low-profile axle housings
- One-piece, low-profile locker/ring gear included
- Strong CV front shafts
- Comes with single-speed, metal gear transmission
- Equipped with heavy duty slipper clutch
- Comes with receiver box
- Oil-filled, threaded shocks included
- Licensed Interco Super Swamper tyres available
- Equipped with 1.9in, 8-Spoke wheels
A Classic Rock Crawler
One of the most popular 4WD cars of all time, the Chevrolet K5 Blazer now comes in an RC version, thanks to Vaterra. This 1/10-scale kit is your opportunity to build a Blazer to your specifications. What sets this truck apart from other rock crawlers is the inclusion of Vaterra's new Ascender chassis. This platform comes with stamped-steel C-channel ladder frames and an adjustable wheelbase with four lengths to choose from (314, 302, 290 and 278mm). There are markings on the frame to make adjustments easy. The chassis is equipped with 3-link panhard bar front suspension and 4-link rear suspension. All the suspension links in the Blazer are made from aluminium to make them very durable. The RC truck is also equipped with oil-filled, threaded shocks with a wide choice of pre-load settings.
Just like the Vaterra Halix, the Blazer can handle the toughest terrain. It offers a single-speed metal gear transmission, which can handle high-output motors. The battery tray in this car floats over the front axle and can accept 96mm short packs. By positioning the battery weight over the front of the axle, you will find that the front tyres gain extra traction when scrambling over rocks and tackling steep ascents. This Vaterra car comes with crawler-style bumpers and rock slider side bars. The front and rear bumpers come with moulded tow hooks and there is an opening in the front for a winch cable. You can also move the side bars and bumpers to accomodate different 1/10-scale bodies.
Rock Ready RC Car
This Vaterra truck is equipped with strong CV front shafts that allow up to 45 degrees of steering angle. The clear polycarbonate body is inspired by one of the most popular Blazers ever built (please note that the body does not come painted). Some of the scale features include an injection-moulded grille with headlights and Chevrolet badging. Decal stickers are also included in the box. The truck also comes with licensed replicas of Interco TSL SX Super Swamper tyres, giving you great grip at almost any angle. The Vaterra Blazer is an outstanding off-road truck that was born for adventure. Order yours now.
Looking for spare parts?
At Modelflight, we fully support all Vaterra RC trucks. You can find spare parts for the Vaterra Blazer by clicking on the “Spare Parts” tab above. Alternatively, you can use our online Spare Parts Finder to search for all the Blazer RC truck spare parts. If there is a part or accessory you cannot find online, do not hesitate to contact us and we can try to source the part for you on your behalf.
- Radio. We recommend the Spektrum DX4C (SPM4200)
- Motor and ESC. We recommend the Tekin FXR (TEKTT2099)
- Battery. We recommend the Dynamite 4000mAh LiPo (DYN5306EC)
- Charger. We recommend the Ultra Power 680AC (UP680AC)
- Servos. We recommend the Vaterra 903WP (VTR11000) and Spektrum 6020 servos (SPMSS6020)
- 4WD "Scale" Rock Crawler
- 21.25 in (540mm)
- 9 in (229mm)
- 9.5 in (241mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 1.06 in (37mm)
- Steel "C" Channel
- Multi-Link Solid Axle
- Tire Type
- Licensed Super Swamper TSL SX
- Motor or Engine
- Brushed 540
- Gear Pitch
- Wheel Size
- 1.9 in (48.26mm)
- Shock Type
- Oil Filled Threaded Injection Molded
- 1986 Chevy K5 Blazer Painted
- Ball Bearings
- Complete Vehicle
- Experience Level
- Recommended Environment
- Assembly Time
- 5-7 Hours
- Is Assembly Required
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.