The beautiful look of the Cessna 182 Skylane is obvious and this gold edition ARF is sure to be a crowd favourite. The attention to scale detail and authentic touches is unmistakable, from the built-in lighting system to the twin radio antenna on the wing this R/C plane has had no stone unturned. Not only scale in looks but the Cessna Skylane 182 is easy to fly making it a great choice for the beginner all the way up to the advanced modeller.
- Ready to fly in 15-20 hours
- Balsa and plywood constructed airframe
- Top Flite MonoKote covering
- Polished 2.25" (57mm) aluminium spinner
- Landing Gear: Main, two piece fibreglass, Nosegear 0.20" (5mm) diameter pre-bent wire
- Cockpit Detail: Seats and instrument panel
- Painted fibreglass cowl
- Dual servo aileron control
- Two-piece composite engine mount
- Fibreglass wheelpants, white in colour
- Fuel Tank: 14oz (420cc)
- Two landing lights in cowl, one navigational light on each wing and red MARS beacon light on top of fin (requires separate receiver battery)
- Wheels: Three foam, two main 3.25" (82mm) diameter, one nose wheel
Top Flite's Cessna 182 Skylane
Upon opening the Cessna Skylane 182 ARF box you’re greeted with pre-assembled and covered components, all that’s left for you to do is the final assembly and electronics install. Quality hardware, painted fibreglass pieces and a Monokote covered structure ensure that this ARF has been finished with the best products available.
The included fibreglass parts help reduce assembly time to 15-20 hours whilst also enhancing the scale appearance. They include everything from the antenna that covers wing bolt holes and authentic Horner wing tips to built-in “corrugations” on control surfaces and one-piece wing and landing gear struts. The sleek, one-piece boot/gear strut bolts invisibly to the fuselage, presenting a cleaner, more authentic line between the two. A wide, flat flange provides more contact area and a more stable connection between the boot and wheel pant.
On most RC aircrafts, a cockpit kit is an optional extra but on the Cessna 182 Skylane ARF, this comes included in the box, beyond just a floor and door panel this cockpit kit includes seats, control yokes, and an ultra-realistic instrument panel. A painted fibreglass cowl is standard issue and helps reproduce the scale lines of the 182 Skylane. Also included is an aluminium spinner to complete the model and set off the scale appearance.
When it comes to finishing this model you have the choice of brushless and glow power options, parts for both are included in the box and the performance is excellent with both options. A magnetically sealed battery hatch on the bottom of the fuselage makes changing the pack easy without affecting the scale lines of this fantastic aircraft.
- Radio: 6-channel
- Servos: Six standard with at least 44oz/in (3.2kg/cm) torque
- 24" (610mm) Servo Extensions: Two for ailerons
- 12" (305mm) Servo Extensions: Six for ailerons, flaps and wing tip lights
- Y Harnesses: Two for aileron and flap surfaces
- Receiver Packs: 1000mAh minimum and 600mAh pack for flying lights
- Engine: .60-.91 cu in (10-15cc) two-stroke OR .91-1.20 cu in (15-20cc) four-stroke
- Motor: Rimfire 120 (50-65-450) Outrunner
- LiPo Batteries: Two connected in series if using an electric motor
- 81 in (2,060 mm)
- Overall Length
- 64 in (1,630 mm)
- Wing Area
- 898 in² (57.9 dm²)
- Flying Weight
- 11.5-12.5 lb (5.22-5.67 kg)
- Wing Loading
- 30-32 oz/ft² (92-98 g/dm²)
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.