The P-51 Mustang was one of the fastest, high-altitude aircraft built during WWII and helped counter Germany’s advantage in the skies. The Top Flite Giant Scale ARF version of the P-51D variant delivers outstanding performance and maneuverability.
- Presented in WWII's "Big Beautiful Doll" scheme as flown by Col. John D. Landers, a Major in the 38th Fighter Squadron, based at RAF Wormingford in the UK
- The model comes already set up for flaps and optional retracts with functional landing gear doors
- The Top Flite P-51D’s large dimensions allow for a generously sized radio compartment, making installation of on-board radio gear a simple exercise
- Factory covered in MonoKote
- Build time of 25-30 hours
- All-wooden construction, with pre-painted fibreglass and ABS parts plus clear canopy, aluminium spinner, and cockpit kit included
Giant Scale P-51D Mustang Replica
Prebuilt, MonoKote-covered main sections feature built-up, fully sheeted wood construction. The cowl and wing fillets are made of matching pre-painted fibreglass. Painted ABS parts provide even more realistic detail, as do the supplied aluminium spinner and ABS cockpit kit. Assembly can be completed in as little as 25-30 hours!
The Top Flite Mustang’s streamlined appearance and lines combined with the factory’s engineering expertise makes this one sweet flying warbird. If you are new to giant-scale warbirds, once over the initial apprehension of flying a valuable giant-scale model you’ll appreciate the stable flight characteristics and find yourself loving it for many flights to come.
Top Flite includes fixed, heavy-duty wire landing gear, but also has set up the model to use optional Robart retracts with functional landing gear doors. To make future upgrades easy, the optional retracts install using the same bolt pattern as the fixed gear.
The Giant P-51D Mustang ARF's realistic appearance, impressive size and fully symmetrical wing turn a trip to the airfield into an opportunity to fly spectacular sorties! Match it with the OS GT60 gasoline engine (OSM38600) for the power to execute any dogfight manoeuvre you can imagine.
- 5-7 channel radio with 9-11 servos
- 2.1-2.8cu in 2-stroke glow engine OR 2.5-4.3cu in gasoline engine
- Receiver battery
- 84.5 in (2140 mm)
- Wing Area:
- 1245 in² (80.3 dm²)
- 17.5-19 lb (7.9-8.6 kg)
- Wing Loading:
- 32-35 oz/ft² (98-107 g/dm²)
- 73.5 in (1865 mm)
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.