- Carbon fibre and aluminium option parts included
- Pro-level race readiness
- Redesigned and all new inner rear pivots and rear hubs
- Slippers are super heavy duty
- 12mm big bore G3 shocks
- Increased performance and weight saving with titanium turnbuckles used throughout
- Lightweight body construction from 0.8mm PC plate for improved durability
- All metric hardware – easy to find replacement nuts/washers/screws and less tools required
- Steering geometry has been revamped to increase length of spindle arms and steering bell cranks. Ackermann changes produce significantly smoother steering in both high and low speeds and off-centre directional changes
- Perfect balance of rigidity and flex in 2.0 milled aluminium chassis for bounce-free landings, smoother cornering and optimal handling
- Delivering incredibly smooth and longer lasting performance is the fully updated differential that features tungsten carbide thrust and diff balls, a self-centering diff gear, revised thrust washers, and, a one piece nut.
- Optimize bone plunge for different ride and axle heights as well as grip levels with diff height adjustment settings that range from 0mm up to 3.5mm
- Smooth out and improve your steering when pinning the power and cornering at speed with the TLR low front wing
- All new front camber block and battery hold down
- Adjustable front roll centre
- Tuning options for ballast
- TLR 6.5” rear wing in a 1.2mm durable polycarbonate
- Move motor forward by 20mm+ with the laydown 3-gear transmission centralizing the mechanism on your chassis for more corner speed and a flatter drive
- The 22 5.0 includes a moulded fan mount fixed to the mud guard for ease of use
TLR's DC Elite Race Buggy Kit
TLR is continually looking to improve upon its 22 2WD buggy platform in order to give team drivers every advantage at race meets. That improvement has arrived in the form of the 22 5.0 DC ELITE kit that will give you a race-ready professional grade, full TLR team kit in one box! Enhanced for competition on clay and dirt tracks the 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit features a number of adjustable and optional parts so you can tweak and customise your buggy to suit your driving. These include adjustable height rear hubs and adjustable rear pivots. You have optional carbon fibre parts that can be fitted throughout, and, the aluminium parts now come in black…to answer Bruce Wayne’s question. With the jet black aluminium with silver edging parts contrasting starkly against the hard-anodized shock bodies and chassis you also have a good looking ride as well as a high-performance one.
The improvements to function on the 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit don’t stop there. The revised steering geometry gives this racing buggy improved mid-cornering steering while the G3 shocks and enhanced flexibility of the 2mm chassis plate bring more smoothness to high-speed direction changes.
If you wanted all the optional extras that our factory race team uses in meets around the world then the 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit is what you are looking for. This is the most Pro Level Ready RC buggy kit build that has ever been offered. Included in the kit are titanium, carbon fibre and black anodized aluminium parts for lightweight dependable performance.
The tuning parts and carbon fibre options that proved so popular on the exiting 22 5.0’s have all been included in the 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit. Electronics mounting plate, rear wing wash and +2mm front and rear shock towers are all included.
Based on TLR team feedback and experience the improved performance and ease of maintenance that the optional aluminium parts provide meant they are now included in the 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit as well. These part options are the drag link, outer front bearing inserts, bell cranks, C and D pivots, rear camber block, and, aluminium nuts throughout the buggy.
All-new rear hubs and inner rear pivots
The 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit includes the most adjustable rear suspension TLR has ever built. It includes track width, inner rear pivots with roll centre, anti-squat and toe adjustment paired with the Variable Height Axle (VHA) rear hubs which enable increased roll centre and axle height adjustment.
Super Heavy Duty Slipper (SHDS)
The enhanced slipper included with the 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit has all new spur gears, pads, plates, spring and top shaft. The slipper pads allow for 69T to 81T sized spur gears while the top shaft uses a sturdy M4 lock nut. You get a more linear slip through the throttle application due to the reduced slipper pad area while the thicker slipper plate maintains consistent pressure across the surface of the pads.
G3 12mm big bore shocks
The 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit includes G3 shocks which not only give you the handling of the Gen II shocks but also come with the highly anticipated ease of use improvements. There is no need for more e-clips as the new shock bodies and shock caps increase the spring collar height by 3mm to give you lower ride heights. The new spring cups and eyelets provide variable off-sets and the new screw-in feature of the new eyelets ensures they will never pop off.
Front roll centre adjustment
The 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit offers you the separate and optional High Roll Centre (HRC) front pivot, and, also includes the standard Low Roll Centre (LRC) front pivot with a new 1mm kick shim. This allows racers plenty of roll options – super low/low/medium or high roll centres, or, high roll centre with 3mm of adjustment available.
New front camber block and battery hold down
The new front camber block gives you a third camber link option between the traditional inside and outside holes. This effectively allows the 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit to be more tuned in by allowing different grip levels as this third camber link option gives you the optimal balance of stability and steering in a wide range of conditions.
The 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit has the easiest to use and most versatile battery hold-down system. Keyed into the mudguards, the battery cradles offer five fixed, easy to duplicate battery positions that allow you to customise your set up. The stretchable straps used to hold down the batteries can easily accommodate any height shorty battery plus any weight plates you may want to add.
TLR Race Team preferred composite parts in the 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit include mudguards, waterfall and soft rear suspension arms, and, Stiffezel front suspension arms. The inclusion of these parts allows you to tune the balance and consistency in critical parts of your RC buggy.
Ballast tuning options
As with any high-level racing, the ballast tuning options on the 22 5.0 DC ELITE RC buggy kit allow changes in the weight bias and the static weight to suit track conditions. You can mount the optional brass ballast under the battery, under the laydown transmission idler, and, under the servo.
- Electronic Speed Control
- Radio System
- 48 Pitch Pinion Gear
- Battery and Charger
- Wheels and Tyres
- Tools - Please refer to the manual for more details
- 15" (382mm)
- 9.8" (250mm)
- 5.8" (148mm)
- 11" (280mm)
- 7075-T6 Aluminum Milled Plate 0.08" (2mm) thick
- Stiffezel Front Suspension Arms, Soft Rear Suspension Arms
- Motor or Engine
- Gear Pitch
- Wheel Size
- 2.2" (56mm) sold separately
- Shock Type
- Oil filled 12mm Big Bore
- Cab forward, 0.03" (0.7mm) thick
- Ball Bearings
- Full set, rubber sealed
- Assembly Time
- 3-5 Hours
- Is Assembly Required
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.