- A classic balsa and plywood ARF (Almost-Ready-To-Fly)
- All major components are factory built and finished
- Modern construction using CAD design and laser cut parts
- Excellent scale appearance
- Outstanding flight performance
- Operational flaps
- 2-piece plug-in wing for easy transport
- Strong aluminum wing joiner tube
- Dual elevator servos for precision aerobatic flight trimming
- Authentic color scheme of RV8 N9699D "Diamond Di"
- Covered in genuine UltraCote®
- Detailed cockpit with hand painted pilot
- Painted fibreglass cowling and wheel pants
- Complete hardware pack
Airplane designer Richard VanGrunsven has dominated the homebuilt airplane hobby for the past 40+ years. His series of all-aluminium low-wing "RV" airplanes provide pilots with the level of flight performance and good looks that they want.
Since 1973 Van's Aircraft has sold over 18,000 kits and plans, with over 8,000 airplanes completed and flying in 45 countries. In the U.S. alone the number of RVs completed each year exceeds the combined production of all commercial general aviation companies. The RV-8 is Van's latest design that features tandem centerline seating, for those fighter pilot types who like to sit in the middle. Like all RVs, the RV-8 climbs well, lands slow, and goes fast.
Seagull Models has made a 20cc size RV-8 that inherits all of the great flying qualities of the full-scale airplane. Responsive, agile, and capable of all the basic aerobatic manoeuvres. The airframe is conventionally built using balsa and plywood, with a well engineered laser-cut design that allows the airplane to be kept light. The UltraCote® covering, plus beautifully moulded and painted fibreglass cowl and wheel pants add to its sleek look. A wonderful airplane for everyday sport aerobatic flying.
- Wing Span
- 1800 mm
- Wing Area
- 64 dm2
- Fuselage Length
- 1473 mm
- Flying Weight Approx
- 5 kg
- Radio Req
- 6-Channel with 8 Standard Servos
- Power Options
- 20 cc Gas
.91 cu. in. Glow
Electric Motor - 1700-2000 watt; 250-400 kv (i.e. Power 90-110)
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.