Designed to replace the aging T-6 Texan, the T-28 Trojan was a piston engine military trainer aircraft used by both the US Air Force and the US Navy. The Navy continued to use this as the primary trainer right up to the early 1980’s. Famous Models have chosen several striking colour schemes, two from the Navy and one from the Air Force.
- The T28 features many scale details that will look great on the deck as well as screaming down the flying strip of your club
- High quality balsa and balsa plywood, these make lightweight construction and with airfoiled tail surfaces
- Superb flying characteristics, plus an accurate scale outline and able to do aerobatic performance.
- Operational flaps with linkages for scale performance and appearance
- Plugin wings make for easy assembly and disassembly, as well as easy transport to and from the flying field
- Covered in Genuine Oracover Film Covering Realistic U.S. Navy with matte finish. It makes airplane real scale.
- Includes fixed landing gear, gear doors and fiberglass cowl features.
- Extremely affordable for anyone to enjoy
- Removable top-hatch provides access and conceals power switches
- Tricycle landing gear allows for smooth taxis, takeoffs, and landings
- Electric power conversion included
- Ready to install optional mechanics electric retracts 60120 size Nose and main retracts (AM06 and AM05 from Himark)
North American T-28 Trojan
Designed to replace ageing T-6 Texan, the T-28 Trojan was a piston engine military trainer aircraft used by both the US Air Force and the US Navy. The Navy continued to use this as the primary trainer right up to the early 1980’s. Famous Models have chosen several striking colour schemes, two from the Navy and one from the Air Force.
The NORTH AMERICAN T-28 TROJAN was designed with the intermediate/advanced sport flyer in mind. It is a semi-scale airplane which is easy to fly and quick to assemble. The airframe is conventionally built using balsa, plywood to make it stronger than the average ARTF, yet the design allows the aeroplane to be kept light. You will find that most of the work has been done for you already. The motor mount has been fitted and the hinges are pre-installed. Flying the NORTH AMERICAN T-28 TROJAN is simply a joy.
- 63.0 in (160 cm).
- Wing area
- 349.5 sq.in ( 41.9 sq.dm).
- 8.8-9.9 lbs (4.0 kg).
- 50.7 in ( 128.7 cm).
- Motor size
- Power 60
- 6 channels with 7 servos