The Great Planes Viper 500 .40 Pylon is an almost-ready-to-fly racer. But one that’s ready to attack your competition.
- Striking red or white colour scheme, or ready-to-cover
- Wood or foam wing options
- String carbon fibre construction
- Covered in Top Flite MonoKote film
- 15” wingspan & 41.3” long
- Flies at a 1360-1530g weight
- “Multi-fit”, backplate-type metal engine
- Low-drag nylon wheels for controlled driving
- Bolt-on tail, makes it easy to transport
- Put it together in less than 8 hours!
500 strokes of fun!
With a 2-stroke .25 and individual rudder control and elevator, the Viper 500 is sporty, and incredibly fun to fly. This “club racer” is energetic in the sky, with its jumbo engine and daring features. Plus, it’s AMA-legal for Quickie 500 in 424 and 428 classes.
Designed by Dr. Michael Selig, world-famous…
Made specifically for Quickie 500 racing, leading airfoil designer Dr. Michael Selig had performance in mind when he created the Viper 500 Pylon. There’s a bunch of add-ons, such as uniquely engineered wheels, mounting hardware and recessed wing hold down bolts.
Flexible, aluminium engine mount
The engine mount has been designed to take any engine in the Viper 500’s suggested range. You’ll enjoy the added fuel tank and quality hardware that’s included. Most of the Viper 500 is already built… and ready for action.
And you don’t need to worry about security, either. The foam-core wing boasts carbon-fibre support and balsa sheeting, applied with epoxy. Plus, the centre is housed in an additional layer of fiberglass cloth.
You’ll need a 2-stroke .25-.46 cu in engine, and a radio. Either a 4-channel radio for sport flying, 6-channel or higher for racing, with V-tail mixing, and 4 standard servos.
Order the Great Planes Viper 500 .40 Pylon ARF racer today.
- 2-stroke .25-.46 cu in engine. We recommend the Evolution .46NX (EVOE0461)
- 4-channel radio for sport flying (6-channel or higher for racing) with V-tail mixing. We recommend the Spektrum DX6i (SPM66101E)
- 4 standard servos. We recommend the JR ES539 servos (JRPS539)
- Receiver. We recommend the Spektrum AR6210 (SPMAR6210)
- 52 in (1320 mm)
- Wing Area
- 504 in² (32.5 dm²)
- 3-3.4 lb (1360-1530 g)
- Wing Loading
- 13.7-15.4 oz/ft² (42-47 g/dm²)
- 41.3 in (1050 mm)
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.