Moustache Model Works first kit is a 1/6.3 scale DHC-2 Beaver, designed to use a DLE-20 engine or an E-flite Power 60 electric motor with a 6S, 5000mAh Li-Po battery. Drawn from factory blueprints, it features a 100% scale outline.
Please note this RC plane comes as a kit. Finished model shown for display purposes only.
- Interlocking wood construction
- Engineered in 3D CAD
- Plug-in wings for convenience
- Large hatch for battery or tank
- Designed for DLE-20 engine or E-flite 60, 400kv
- 100% scale outline drawn from factory blueprints
Wings and tail surfaces are traditional balsa construction, and the fuselage is primarily lite-ply. Tab-and-slot construction ensures the straightness of the fuselage. Laser-cutting is used extensively to ensure parts accuracy. The kit comes complete with all required wood, fibreglass parts, vacuum-formed plastic parts, landing gear, carbon fibre wing tube, pushrods, hardware, plans, and detailed instruction manual. Depending upon building speed, construction should take approximately 100 to 150 hours.
The cowl, wingtips, and landing gear fairings are fibreglass, while the windshield, windows, tail fairings, seats, upper carb intake and oil cooler are all vacuum-formed plastic. Two-piece, plug-in wings make transport and storage convenient, and the entire windshield removes as a large front access hatch to make battery or fuel tank access a breeze.
Two options are provided to allow modellers to customize their kits. First, a fibreglass lower carb intake or "chin scoop" is included, allowing the modeller to choose between upper or lower intakes depending upon the specific Beaver he wants to model. Second, three options are provided for the rear side windows: a single round window, a single rectangular window, or dual rectangular windows
- 2 x Standard size servos, 75+ oz-in torque
- 4-5 Mini servos, 60+ oz-in torque
- 6-channel receiver, minimum
- 6-channel computer transmitter with flap-elev mixing, aileron-rudder mixing, and differential aileron throw strongly recommended
Although mini servos are recommended for the flaps, ailerons, and throttle, standard servos may be used.
Electric Power System
- E-flite Power 60, 400Kv (EFLM4060A) or equivalent
- 60A+ ESC, Castle Creations Talon 90 recommended (CSE010009700)
- 5000mAh 6S 22.2V 30C LiPo Battery
- 16 x 8E Propeller (APC16080E)
Gas (Petrol) Power System
- DLE-20, DLE-20RA (DLEG0020 or DLEG0420) or equivalent
- Fuel Tank
- Ignition battery and switch, OR iBEC
Other Completion Items
- Covering material
- See instruction manual for a complete list
- 91.4 in. (2.32m)
- 57.6 in. (1.46m)
- Wing Area:
- 904 sq. in. (58.3 sq dm)
- 12-13 lb. (5.4-5.9 kg)
- 16 in (406mm)
- NACA 4415
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.