Great Planes Dead Center Hole Locator, the "fail-safe" way to mark drilling holes for engine mounts.
- Easier to use than a pen or pencil, and more accurate than a paper template
- The streamlined design features a main shaft of 8-10" with a knurled handle and approximately 1" of drill bit protruding from the cone
- Simple to use - after positioning the engine on the mount, modellers just insert the self-centring cone into the mounting hole on the engine
- Dead Center lineart
- By twisting the drill bit several times, the Locator will create a small "starter hole" that will ensure the drill bit stays centred during drilling
- Can be stored neatly and compactly in its included plastic tube, and is made of durable all-metal construction
- Perfect for use in any application where a hole is required directly in the centre of another hole
Marking the drilling hole pattern in an engine mount is an important task that, until now, was handled in a less-than-precise manner. When improperly drilled, the holes can over-stress the mount, cause the mounting bolts to bind as they are attaching the engine to the mount, or even worse, allow for destructive vibration. But with the Great Planes Dead Center Engine Mount Hole Locator, modellers can quickly, easily and accurately indicate the exact spots where the hole should be. And it's so affordable, it'll be a welcome addition to every flier's tool assortment!