The Flex Jet is one of the best performing EDF jets in its class; building upon the fantastic performance the Flex Jet TV brings us the next step in performance and capability with its thrust vectoring technology. Boasting an all new power system and 2-axis thrust vectoring, the all new Flex jet TV is capable of mind boggling aerobatic manoeuvers that were not possible before.
- Customer Trim Scheme and Decals Applied
- Thrust Vectoring Nozzle for the most advanced 3D aerobatics
- 2:00 to 4:00 minute flight times depending on battery choice and throttle management
- Metal Clevis Connections on all Flight Control Surfaces
- Pre-Programmed and installed Aura 8 AFCS with Firmware v1.9
- Expertly Engineered Ducting and Inlet Lips for Power and Efficiency
- Large Battery Compartment from top with single Latch for easy Access
- EPO Construction with Carbon Fiber Spars and Joiner Tubes
- Modern Aerodynamics for High Performance and Easy Handling
- Ball Bearing Supported and Balanced All-Moving stabilizers
- 120A HV ESC with external 5V/8A BEC (installed)
- (4) Potenza DS12 Digital Servos for Doors and Nose wheel Steering (installed)
- (7) Potenza DS15 Digital Metal Gear Flight Control & Vectoring Servos (installed)
- Potenza 80BLDF 1500kv Motor for excellent Power and Efficiency (installed)
- 11 Blade 90mm Ducted-Fan for Amazing Performance and Sound (installed)
- Metal Trailing-Link Struts with Rubber Down stops (installed)
- Electric Retracts with Door Sequencer (installed)
- Optional lightweight wire landing gear struts (included)
The ultimate 3D aerobatic EDF jet
The Flexjet TV is designed by the amazing Flex Innovations, this expert team includes David Ribbe, a Top Gun champion and internationally recognized jet designer. Also assisting in the design is F3A world champion Quique Somenzini who provided input for the aerodynamics of this amazing EDF Jet. The Flex Jet TV’s construction is primarily EPO foam with carbon spars and joining tubes in the wing and tail surfaces and a plywood subframe in the fuselage.
The inlet lips, ducting and associated vectoring nozzles are perfectly crafted to provide efficient thrust and power over a wide speed envelope, this includes 3D manoeuvres. The thrust and acceleration are incredible with over a 1:1 power to weight ratio. The included lightweight plastic tailpipe is optimized to deliver thrust and still allows access to the internal components for maintenance. Included in the kit are both long travel struts for rough ground and also wire struts for the most lightweight setup possible. The timing of the retract doors is taken care or automatically by the included sequencer. Knife edge flight is easy with the large side area and large rudder providing exceptional control, also with the addition of the thrust vectoring system now knife edge loops are possible. The fully flying rear stab gives excellent pitch control at all flying speeds and can even be programmed to act as ailerons in the pre-programmed flight modes.
Offering the ultimate in-flight performance the Aura 8 makes you feel locked in and like you’re flying on a calm day even when it’s windy! The integration is seamless and you won’t even notice that the gyro is working behind the scenes to enhance your flight experience. Adding to this the included Aura 8 allows for pre-tuned flight modes that have been expertly refined by Flex’s highly experienced team of pilots.
With all these included features you get an EDF jet of unrivalled performance! It flies as if it’s much larger and performs more like a large turbine jet than a typical foam EDF. The Aura 8 also allows the user to update the firmware, adjust settings and have access to anything new from the flex team.
The FlexJet TV has approximately 90% more power than the original FlexJet while remaining very lightweight. This excess power is intended for up-lines and post-stall (3D) maneuvers ONLY. Because of this, the pilot is required to limit the speed of the aircraft and the G-load on the aircraft.
- Powered dives are not permitted
- Extended level flight at full throttle is not permitted
- High-Speed and/or High-G maneuvers are not permitted
- Flying in wind speeds or gusts greater than 20mph (32km/h) is not permitted
Over-speeding or over-stressing the aircraft can result in structural failure and a crash, which may also cause property damage or injury.
DAMAGED PRODUCT(S), INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE GUIDELINES IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
- Flight Battery: Li-Po 8S 3500 to 4200mAH 40C+
- 6+ Channel Computer Transmitter
- 6+ Channel Receiver with a modern digital connection (see manual)
- Battery Charger
- 1056 mm (41.6")
- 1400 mm (55.1'')
- 7 lb 2 oz 3.22 kg (with 8S 4000 battery)
- 11 Blade 90mm nominal diameter
- Potenza 80 Outrunner 1500kv
6+ channel computer transmitter
*Requires Flight Modes and Retracts
- 8S 3500-4200 mAh, 40C or higher for best performance