- Aerobatic and sport flight capability plus staggering STOL (Short Take-Off and Landing)
- Improved 3400Kv powered motor that will climb out vertically and hover
- Smaller areas and more places to fly due to versatility and capabilities
- Upgraded 3-blade prop, trim scheme and turboprop-styled nose
- STOL achieved with oversized function flaps
- Fairings secured to fuselage with updated landing gear design
- 2.4GHz Spektrum DSMX technology
- Optional use SAFE Select flight envelope protective settings
- AS3X technology installed for airborne stability and a locked-in feel
- Slow flight performance and STOL improved with optional use leading-edge slats
- LED navigation, strobe and landing lights that are fully functional and factory-installed
- Fly from the water with optional floats sold separately (EFLUA1190)
E-flite's Turbo Timber is now ultra-micro
Updated from the original 1.5m version the E-flite UMX Turbo Timber BNF brings with it some design tweaks that improve upon this high-performance RC plane. With a 3-blade propeller, modern turboprop styled nose, and, increased power from a 3400Kv brushless motor you can definitely expect some improvements. Improved STOL and slow flight performance are achieved in the E-flite UMX Turbo Timber using the same 280mAh 2S batteries as its predecessor but when combined with the oversized functional flaps and the optional leading-edge slats you will notice the difference. Along with having the power to hover then climb out vertically, you will also love the aerobatic capabilities of the E-flite UMX Turbo Timber with snaps, spins, knife edge and inverted flight all at your fingertips.
With an updated landing gear design securing the fairings to the fuselage you can take advantage of the oversized tundra-style wheels to take off and land on rough or bumpy surfaces. Due to the E-flite UMX Turbo Timber’s flight envelope, it can be enjoyed in a number of different places. If you’re an experienced pilot they can be flown indoors and with some experience, they can be flown in outdoors, and, if you’re up for it, install the optional floats (EFLUA1190) and you can utilise the STOL capabilities on water.
Flying fun needn’t stop when the sun starts going down. The E-flite UMX Turbo Timber is equipped with factory-installed LED navigation, simulated strobe, and, landing lights. If you’ve mastered flying at least one model before you’ll enjoy the high wing configuration and optional-use SAFE Select technology which provide added stability to give you more confidence in the air. Probably an RC plane for intermediate pilots on up but if you like the challenge the rewards will be there when you realise how enjoyable the E-flite UMX Turbo Timber is to fly. Being factory assembled all you need to do is bind the Spektrum receiver that comes with this plane to your compatible transmitter and you’re away!
Just bind, and fly!
The Spektrum DSMX receiver fitted in the E-flite UMX Turbo Timber features the AS3X (Artificial Stabilization 3 aXis) system that nullifies the effects of turbulence and wind by working behind the scenes to provide increased precision and stability when your RC plane experiences non-optimal flying conditions.
SAFE Select is optional technology that gives the UMX Turbo Timber an extra margin of safety by enabling features that will ensure your flight envelope is limited to keep you out of trouble until you are a better flyer or have familiarized yourself with the controls. No programming is required to engage SAFE Select as it is built into the receiver. You just need to follow the manual directions and change up the binding sequence to switch it on.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
These will prevent you from excessive dive or climb angles as well as keep the F-16 RC jet from pitching or rolling upside down.
If you get yourself into any trouble you need only release the sticks and return them to the centre position on your transmitter and the F-16 Falcon 64mm EDF RC jet will return to and hold level flight. All you need to do is resume control once you are ready.
Easy Switch Assignment- No Programming Required
You can assign a switch on your transmitter to turn SAFE Select on and off in just a few seconds by following the simple procedures in the manual.
If you don’t need the flight envelope protection that SAFE Select provides then just bind the receiver as you normally would and you will just enjoy the features of the AS3X receiver on its own.
What's in the Box?
(1) E-flite UMX Turbo Timber® with:
(1) 3400Kv Brushless Motor (installed)
(5) Linear Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum™ 6-Channel Receiver with brushless ESC (installed)
(1) Product Manual
- Full-range 6+ channel Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 2S 7.4V 200–280mAh LiPo with JST-PH Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
- 27.6 in (700 mm)
- 19 in (483 mm)
- Wing Area
- 119 sq in (7.7 sq dm)
- Flying Weight
- 4.8 oz (124 g)
- (1) 3400Kv Brushless (installed)
- Speed Control
- (1) Brushless ESC (installed)
- (5) Ultra Micro Linear (installed)
- Full-range 6+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible (sold separately)
- (1) Spektrum™ 6-Channel
- 2S 7.4V 200–280mAh LiPo with JST-PH Connector (sold separately)
- Experience Level
- Skill Level 2 = Some Experience Required
- Rec. Environment
- Outdoors or indoors
- Assembly Required
- Approximate Assembly Time
- Less than an hour
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.