The aerobatic Timber X 1.2m is the latest offering from E-flite which comes with oversized control surfaces for extreme manoeuvres and STOL functionality for when you want to fly in tight spaces. You can expect a 3D performance of the highest order!
- Double bevelled hinge lines on enlarged and oversized control surfaces
- 50 amp ESC and a high power brushless outrunner motor compatible with 3S and 4S LiPo
- Durable high-torque, factory installed metal geared servos x 6
- SAFE Select flight envelope protection making it easier to fly
- Lightweight hollow-core EPO construction for reinforced durability
- Oversized tundra-style wheels with shock absorbing landing gear
- AS3X technology provides additional precision and stability to flight performance
- Improve slow flight and STOL performance with optional use leading edge slats
- DSMX technology installed into the Spektrum 6 channel receiver
- 3D capable as well as amazing Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) performance
- LED navigation, strobe and landing lights all factory installed
- EDO-style floats are an optional extra (EFL5261, sold separately)
E-Flite's extraordinary Timber X
The Timber 1.2m has been hopped up and the results are an RC plane capable of 3D aerobatics and STOL (Short Take Off and Landing) that needs to be flown to be believed. The Timber X features oversized control surfaces, a new wing design and a power system that is compatible with either 3S or 4S LiPo. The extreme nature of the aerobatic manoeuvres at your disposal requires an aircraft with a robust and durable airframe and the Timber X built from hollow-core EPO to facilitate this. Shock absorbing landing gear, high torque metal-geared servos mean you can push this RC plane to its limits and to increase your 3D capabilities there are optional leading edge slats. You also have the option of installing floats for water STOL and these are sold separately. With a full set of factory installed LED lights, you can also hit the night skies.
Extra power and durability
With a 3S LiPo battery the factory-installed brushless power system on your Timber X that, with the assistance of the 50amp ESC, will give you plenty of thrust. If you want to up the ante a bit you can throw in a 4S LiPo without having to do any upgrades.
With as much wing area but a shorter span than the original the new wing design gives the Timber X lift and agility beyond its predecessor. There is optional use leading edge slats included that improve STOL and slow flying and as a result, you can land the Timber X in as little as two feet.
Just bind, and fly!
If you already own a Spektrum transmitter then getting your Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft into the air is very easy. Just bind your DSMX equipped 6 channel Spektrum receiver to your Spektrum transmitter and you are now airborne capable.
Fly SAFE with Spektrum
The Spektrum receiver on board your Timber X has been integrated with AS3X technology that gives you a heightened sense of precision and stability by working in the background to help smooth out the effects of turbulence and wind. The end result is that you have a 1.5m RC plane that performs like a much larger finely turned aircraft.
If you are just starting out in the hobby or just want additional safety in flight then you have the option of engaging the SAFE Select technology which is also integrated into your Spektrum receiver.
If you choose to engage your SAFE Select technology the following features come into play:
- Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
The limits that engage with SAFE Select keep you from pitching or rolling upside down and also prevent extreme dive or climb angles as you are taking off or landing.
- Automatic Self-Levelling
If your 3D flying gets the Timber X into trouble just put the sticks in the centre position and release them. You will automatically return to and hold a level flight path until you retake control of the aircraft.
- No Programming Required
As a factory set function SAFE Select automatically assigns to a switch so turning it on and off if/when assistance is required is very easy.
Compatible with a float set
If you have an original Timber 1.5m you can re-purpose the float set to use on the Timber X 1.2m, or, purchase an EDO style float set separately. This comes with a dual rudder steering system to enhance handling and STOL on water as well as the required mounting struts to easily install.
- Full-range, 6+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- 2200–3200mAh 3–4S LiPo flight battery (EFLB22003S30 or EFLB22004S30 recommended)
- Compatible LiPo charger
- 47.5 in (1200 mm)
- Overall Length
- 41.5 in (1055 mm)
- Wing Area
- 527.3 sq in (34.0 sq dm)
- Flying Weight
- 55.0 oz (1560 g)
- Motor Size
- Brushless Outrunner 10 900Kv
- Prop Size
- 12 x 4
- Experience Level
- Recommended Environment
- Assembly Time
- Less than 1 Hour
- Is Assembly Required
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.