- BONUS: Includes a Spektrum™ WS2000 Wireless Simulator Dongle plus a Steam® code to download and activate the RealFlight® Trainer Edition RC flight simulator
- Unique and optimized airframe design improves low speed handling and slow speed performance, making it possible to learn to fly radio-controlled (RC) airplanes successfully with a jet
- Based on one of the best first and high-performance EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet platforms ever designed — the legendary Habu
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Optional and easy to install Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) available for smoother landings
- 100% complete including a controller/transmitter, battery and charger so there's nothing extra to buy or provide
- Spektrum™ DXS controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
- Spektrum flight controller and serial receiver with fly-by telemetry capability
- Spektrum S120 Smart charger works with a variety of USB power sources
- Spektrum 4000mAh 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo battery
- Five (5) factory-installed servos and linkages
- Powerful brushless electric power system with 70mm 10-blade fan
- 3S and 4S compatible 70-amp telemetry-capable ESC
- Install an optional 4S 3200-4000mAh battery for more power and speed
- Oversized tires for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Wide-stance tricycle landing gear with steerable nose wheel
- Quick and easy assembly — no glue or special tools required
- Lightweight yet strong and durable EPO construction
- Practice flying this aircraft in the RealFlight® simulator
Nearly everyone who sees a radio-controlled (RC) jet tear across the sky has the same reaction: "I want to fly one of those!" But because of their speed and handling challenges, RC jets have been almost impossible for first-time or low-time RC pilots to fly successfully — until now. Thanks to the E-flite® Habu STS (Smart Trainer with SAFE®) 70mm EDF jet, you can actually learn to fly RC airplanes successfully with a jet! The Habu STS 70mm EDF is based on the legendary Habu, one of the best high-performance Electric Ducted Fan (EDF) sport jet platforms ever created. E-flite® engineers optimized the design to improve its low-speed handling and slow speed performance and added options for taking advantage of exclusive Spektrum™ SAFE® flight assistance technology and innovative Smart components. As a result, the Habu STS 70mm EDF is the easiest to fly RC jet EVER, and the perfect choice to satisfy any RC pilot's desire to fly a jet!
Engineered for improved low-speed handling and performance to make flying and landings easier, the E-flite® Habu STS (Smart Trainer with SAFE®) 70mm EDF makes it possible to succeed in learning to fly with a jet as your first radio-controlled (RC) airplane! Based on one of the best Electric Ducted Fan (EDF) sport jets ever designed, it's been optimized with the addition of SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology featuring Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes to make it easy to fly successfully, especially with the help of an instructor. The inclusion of exclusive Spektrum™ Smart components including a lithium polymer (LiPo) battery and charger make it more convenient to charge properly and safely (battery and charger sold separately for the PNP version). Wide-stance tricycle landing gear with a steerable nose wheel and oversized tires allows for takeoffs and landings on surfaces ranging from paved runways to grass and even dirt, plus you can install the optional Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) that automatically "flares" for smoother landings to make learning to land even easier! Best of all, the durable EPO airframe assembles quickly and easily without the need for glue or special tools — which means you can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery.
The Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes everything needed to fly in one box and is the perfect choice if you're a new RC pilot. From the Spektrum DXS 2.4GHz transmitter you can use with other Bind-N-Fly® (BNF) and BNF Basic aircraft after you learn to fly the Habu STS, to the 3S 4000mAh Smart LiPo battery and a convenient S120 USB-C Smart charger that can be used with a variety of USB power sources, there's nothing extra you need to buy or provide!
And the fun doesn't stop after you learn how to fly! In the Experienced Mode, the Habu STS 70mm EDF is capable of performing aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, inverted (upside down) flight and more. You can use a 3S battery (included with the RTF version, sold separately for the PNP version) for an excellent balance of power and flight time, or you can install an optional 4S battery for more speed and thrust without the need for any modifications or upgrades (4S battery and compatible charger sold separately for both versions).
As a bonus, the RTF version also includes a Spektrum WS2000 Wireless Simulator Dongle plus a Steam® code to download and activate the RealFlight® Trainer Edition RC flight simulator — an incredible value!. The simulator features six popular Horizon Hobby trainer aircraft, including the Habu STS 70mm EDF jet, and built-in Virtual Flight Instructor lessons. This helps new pilots learn to fly successfully by practising on a PC at home or on a laptop just about anywhere else! Plus, you can upgrade to the latest full edition of RealFlight via Steam any time at a discounted price!
BONUS: Includes RealFlight® Trainer Edition and Spektrum WS2000 Dongle
The Trainer Edition of RealFlight®, the #1 RC flight simulator in the world, includes one field and six of the most popular Horizon® Hobby trainer aircraft from Blade®, HobbyZone® and E-flite® – including the Habu STS. It also features Virtual Flight Instructor lessons that help new pilots learn to fly successfully because they can practice flying on a PC at home or on a laptop just about anywhere else! The Spektrum™ WS2000 wireless simulator dongle connects to a USB port on a laptop or PC and allows the use of the included Spektrum DXS transmitter to control the simulator so it's just like you're out at the field. Plus, you can upgrade to the latest "full" edition of RealFlight via Steam any time at a discounted price!
This Ready-To-Fly (RTF) version includes a Spektrum™ DXS controller/transmitter equipped with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology and everything else you need to fly including AA batteries for the transmitter, a Spektrum Smart rechargeable lithium-polymer battery for the airplane and a Smart USB charger. That means there's nothing extra to buy or provide so you can fly! The included transmitter, battery and charger can also be used with other Bind-N-Fly® (BNF) Basic RC aircraft.
Spektrum™ Smart Battery and Charger
The RTF version includes a Spektrum™ 3S 4000mAh Smart LiPo battery and an S120 USB-C Smart charger that can be used with a variety of USB power sources. Simply connect the battery to the charger, and the exclusive Smart technology will determine and start charging at the best rate to properly and safely charge the battery automatically.
Jets are typically faster and harder to fly than most of their prop-driven counterparts, which made it impossible for first-time, and even low-time, RC pilots to fly them – until now! The unique and optimized airframe design of the Habu STS improves low-speed handling and slow speed performance to finally make it possible to learn to fly radio-controlled (RC) airplanes successfully with a jet.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 70-amp telemetry-capable ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and 10-blade 70mm fan that delivers an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more power and speed with an optional 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Construction with advanced EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe that's tough enough to handle everyday flying punishment without getting bent out of shape. And in the unfortunate event that you damage any airframe parts or components and can't repair them, a full line of replacement parts is readily available.
The Habu STS 70mm EDF RTF arrives mostly factory-assembled with the power system, servos plus the flight controller and receiver installed. All you need to do is finish some quick and easy final assembly, without the use of glue or special tools, and you'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
The wide-stance tricycle landing gear with a steerable nose wheel and oversized tires offers improved ground handling for easier take-offs and landings on a wide variety of surfaces from paved runways to grass and even dirt.
Optional Landing Assist Sensor for Smoother Landings
The Spektrum™ Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) is easy to install and provides automatic "flare" control to help inexperienced pilots "grease" landings by minimizing or eliminating bouncing (works over many/most surfaces and provides optimum performance when flying over/landing in the grass).
What's in the Box?
(1) E-flite Habu STS 70mm EDF with:
(1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(1) 70A Brushless ESC (installed)
(5) Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum 3230B Flight Controller (installed)
(1) Spektrum 4650C Serial Receiver (installed)
(1) Spektrum DXS DSMX® 2.4GHz Transmitter
(1) Spektrum 4000mAh 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo Battery
(1) Spektrum S120 USB-C Smart Charger
(1) Product Manual
- Nothing! Everything you need to fly is included.
- 45" (1140mm)
- Completion Level
- Motor Size
- Recommended Motor Battery
- 3S 4000mAh Smart Li-Po (included)
- Fan Size
- 70mm, 10 Blade
- Approximate Assembly Time
- Less than 1 Hour
- CG (Center of Gravity)
- 90 - 100mm from leading edge
- Minimum Speed Control
- 70-Amp Telemetry Capable
- Flying Weight
- 2.5lbs (1290g)
- Landing Gear
- S120 Smart USB Charger included
- Minimum Required Radio
- 5+ channel full-range (6 channel included)
- SAFE Technology, Smart Technology
- 40.5 in (1029mm)
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.