Delivering an exhilarating flying experience and superb performance the E-flite F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF RC jet is packed with scale features and details. This easy handling RC jet also comes decked out in the U.S. Navy demonstration team livery.
- High performing and superb handling F-18 Electric Ducted Fan (EDF) jet model
- U.S. Navy Blue Angels demonstration team scale replica
- Trim scheme has been factory applied with a decal sheet allowing you to stick on the number designation of your choice
- Includes painted landing gear, moulded in panel lines, removable tanks and ordnance plus more extra scale details
- Functioning scale detail components include full flying stabs, flaps, LED lights, nose and main gear doors
- 80mm 12-blade V2 fan gives you awesome vertical performance and top speed plus a realistic turbine sound
- 100mAh ESC and 6S compatible, high powered brushless in-runner motor have been factory installed
- To enable great flight times this jet will fit a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh
- 6-channel AR636 receiver equipped with 2.4GHz DSMX technology from Spektrum
- Equipped with optional use SAFE Select flight envelope protection for easier flight
- AS3X technology to provide excellent stability
- Ten metal geared factory installed servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Shock absorbing trailing link struts on the electric retracts – all scale painted
- Quick and easy glue free assembly
- Magnetically secured nose cone and two piece wing that bolts into place
- Removable and convenient top hatch with pilot figure and cockpit detail seen through a clear canopy
- Fully moulded and extremely durable EPO airframe
F-18 Blue Angels replica
Since 1986 the F/A-18 designed by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) and Northrop began its service with the U.S. Navy Blue Angels. Used as both fighters and attack platforms by the Navy and Marine Corp, the only difference with the Blue Angels F/A-18 is the removed weapons, an installed smoke-oil tank and improved control stick for higher precision flying. Combining functional features with superb scale details the E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF RC jet provides a truly exhilarating flying experience with the iconic U.S. Navy Blue Angels colour scheme to complete the package. To add your own identity there is a decal sheet included so you can stick on the number designation of your choice.
Powerful RC jet performance
The E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF RC jet comes equipped with the most scale likeness landing gear of any F-18 model yet. The dual wheeled steerable nose gear and rotating main gear come with factory installed and reliable electric retracts that are fitted with toughened metal parts including painted shock absorbing struts and trailing link.
The Spektrum AR636 6-channel receiver includes AS3X stabilisation technology and the optional use SAFE Select flight envelope protection. There are ten factory installed metal geared servos with ball link equipped linkages throughout the E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF RC jet to give you excellent and precise control regardless of your speed. You will have speed to burn with the 12 blade 80mm V2 fan, the brushless high-RPM in-runner motor, and, a 100mAh ESC. Combine all that with your choice of 4000-7000mAh 6S 30+C LiPo batter and you will have instantaneous throttle response, awesome speed and brilliant vertical performance. You’ll also get better flight times compared to the 6S compatible power systems that larger models also use. To give it that complete RC jet feel is the real turbine like sound created when you do a high speed fly by in the E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF
The lightweight and tough EPO material used in the construction of the F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF RC jet is what allowed E-flite to replicate with real scale authenticity the complex detail and fine moulding lines that make this such a great looking jet. Another advantage when you get to the flying field is that there is no glue required in the assembly and the two-piece wing and stabs bolt into place. This makes for easy transport and storage and helps get you in the air quicker.
Bind-N-Fly with your Spektrum radio
If you own a Spektrum transmitter already then getting the E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF RC jet airborne will be even easier. With the servos, power system and 2.4GHz Spektrum receiver already installed it is simply a matter of binding the receiver to your transmitter and you are ready for supersonic take off!
The Spektrum DSMX receiver fitted in the E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF RC jet features the AS3X (Artificial Stabilization 3 aXis) system that nullifies the effects of turbulence and wind by working behind the scenes to provide increased precision and stability when your RC plane experiences non-optimal flying conditions.
SAFE Select is optional technology that gives the E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF RC jet an extra margin of safety by enabling features that will ensure your flight envelope is limited to keep you out of trouble until you are a better flyer or have familiarized yourself with the controls. No programming is required to engage SAFE Select as it is built into the receiver. You just need to follow the manual directions and change up the binding sequence to switch it on.
What's in the Box?
(1) E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF with:
(1) 100A Brushless ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Inrunner Motor (installed)
(1) V2 80mm EDF unit (installed)
(10) Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum™ AR636 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
(1) Product Manual
- Full-range 6-7+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 6S 22.2V 4000–7000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
- 38.5 in (980 mm)
- Overall Length:
- 53 in (1350 mm)
- Flying Weight:
- 6.7-7.4 lb (3.0-3.4 kg)
- Brushless Inrunner (installed)
- Speed Control:
- 100A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (10) Metal-Geared (installed)
- Full-Range 6-7+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible (sold separately)
- Spektrum™ AR636 with AS3X® and SAFE® Select Technologies (installed)
- 6S 22.2V 4000–7000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ Connector (sold separately)
- Experience Level:
- Skill Level 3, Experience Required
- Rec. Environment:
- Assembly Required:
- Approx. Assembly Time:
- Less than 1 Hour
All product manuals are provided by the manufacturer, If you don't find the manual or information you are looking for, contact our experts for help.